TRAINEE ACCOUNTANT (ACA)– CARDIFF
As a Trainee Accountant at our Cardiff office you will have a breadth of responsibilities with a mixture of financial year-end; business and personal taxation; one-off projects; close involvement with a specific client base; management accounting and general business administration. This would suit someone with a wish for diversity and a variety of challenges within an interactive work environment. This opportunity is considerable and there will be few constraints to your personal growth and development save only in your own calibre and ability.
The ACA graduate programme is a three year structured training programme combining practical work experience with professional technical tuition and exams.
Our Audit and Accounts team provide a range of services to a diverse client base, from small businesses to large organisations. We work in a variety of different industry sectors, with both private and not for profit businesses.
We are committed to providing the highest standards of service based on long-term, director-led client relationships. We strive to provide our clients with advice and solutions, derived from a thorough understanding of their needs. This is made possible by the quality of our people and our depth of expertise at all levels.
Many of our audits last just one or two weeks, which means that you’ll quickly gain exposure to a variety of businesses and clients. You’ll build valuable experience, developing the knowledge and skills needed to be an effective auditor and trusted business adviser.
Progression within the team is fast, with responsibility from an early stage. By the second year you’ll be taking on a more senior role with smaller clients and helping to supervise the new intake of trainees. As your experience grows you may have opportunities to experience other areas of the business.
The role will see the individual commence work-based training initially, with class room tuition.
We are the one of the fastest growing accountancy practices in the UK with over 2500 staff in over 80+ office locations. Baldwins is now part of the Cogital Group which has 4700 people Operating from 150 offices in 7 countries. We are committed to providing an outstanding service to our clients and their businesses and provide a diverse range of compliance and specialist services specifically designed to our client’s individual needs. We work with all types of businesses from sole traders to large national corporations and everything in between. As a firm we have grown significantly both organically and by acquisition and by using a consultative approach we can offer a wide range of Business solutions, across Accounting, Audit, Tax, Payroll, Corporate Finance and Restructuring & Insolvency.
As a Trainee Accountant at our Cardiff office, your duties will include:
- Assisting on client audit and accounts assignments, developing an understanding of our client’s and their businesses
- Working on audits and accounts assignments
- Resolve queries whether of an audit or accountancy nature
- Maintaining process documentation
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of accounting and statutory reporting standards
- Become familiar with our audit and accounting software
As a Trainee Accountant at our Bicester/Aylesbury office, your skills and qualifications will include:
- Must have or be on course for at least a 2:1 at degree level
- 300 UCAS points (or equivalent) in your top three A-levels (excluding General Studies)
- GCSE English and Mathematics (or equivalent) at a minimum of grade B
- Be committed and motivated to studying towards the ACA qualification and be fully aware of the requirements of the qualification
- Be able to deliver first class client service and work effectively as part of a team
- Demonstrate care for clients and colleagues
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
- Have a high level of general commercial awareness
- Possess excellent numerical skills
- Have working knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Word & Outlook
- Demonstrate excellent time management and an organised and methodical approach to work whilst monitoring time against budget
- Demonstrate a high level of accuracy and attention to detail at all times
- Demonstrate integrity and respect for confidential information
- Display a professional and enthusiastic approach
- Hold a full & clean driving license, with daily access to a car
- A competitive remuneration package
- Training and development within the role
- Opportunity to progress in your career within a growing company
Our clients deserve the best, the same goes for our people. You will receive a competitive salary and benefits package. Learning and Development is an integral part of the Baldwins Group. We aim to provide the best support to our people to ensure that their development and knowledge is at the best level possible through professional qualifications, online training and self-development.
Our Core Values & Behaviours underpin what Baldwins is all about. These are the foundations that we will continue to build and develop our business on as we move forward. Along with roles and responsibilities definitions, these Core Values & Behaviours are what we expect to be displayed by all staff and partners at all levels and at all times. Consistently demonstrating the Behaviours allows the Firm to grow and achieve our four goals of Happy Staff, Happy Clients, Financial Strength and Quality of Advice and Service.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV and cover letter including salary expectations and notice period to Josie Powell at firstname.lastname@example.org