TAX TRAINEE – BIRMINGHAM
As a Trainee with the Capital Allowances department at our Birmingham office you will work as part of a specialist team within our Tax Advisory business. Capital allowances are a valuable tax relief for property expenditure and our team specialises in preparing claims to maximise the available reliefs. The role will include assisting with the preparation of capital allowances claims and undertaking surveys of client premises. During the role you will be studying for either ATT or ACA qualification and, if relevant, have the opportunity to work towards gaining RICS status via the Taxation Allowances route.
|Job Title:||Tax Trainee|
Baldwins are one of the fastest growing accountancy practices in the UK with over 3200 staff in 95+ office locations. Baldwins is part of the Cogital Group which has 6,000 people operating from 185 offices in 7 countries.
We work with all types of businesses from sole traders to large national corporations. As a Group we have grown significantly both organically and by acquisition and by using a consultative approach we can offer a wide range of Business solutions, across Accounting, Audit, Tax, Payroll, Corporate Finance and Restructuring & Insolvency.
As a Trainee with the Capital Allowances team, your main responsibilities will include:
- Analysing property costs to determine the correct tax treatment
- Assisting with the preparation of reports for submission to clients and HMRC
- Assisting more senior staff on surveys of client premises to record evidence of qualifying assets and make assessments to support our capital allowances reports
- Assist with the preparation of client proposals
- Develop a detailed understanding of the capital allowances legislation and how that interacts with client’s broader tax position
As a Trainee with the Capital Allowances team, your skills, qualifications and knowledge will include:
- A minimum of a 2:1 degree in a property, building or surveying related subject.
- A levels of grade C or above in three subjects
- A full UK driving licence
- Dedication to achieving a further professional qualification in Tax/Accounting/Surveying
- A proficient user of Microsoft Office
- The ability to manage own workload and prioritise to meet deadlines
- Flexible approach, and able to change in line with business needs
- Problem solver with investigative nature
- Act with integrity and respect confidential information
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Excellent numerical skills
Our clients deserve the best, the same goes for our people. You will receive a competitive salary and the following benefits package:
- 23 days holiday plus statutory
- Full study support depending on the role you are coming in at – We work closely with Kaplan to provide our students with full study support for their specialised qualification (e.g. AAT, ACA, ACCA, ATT, CTA).
- Employee benefits portal including offers on retail, health, wellbeing, days out, restaurants etc.
- 4 x Death in service
- Employee referral scheme – We are constantly seeking talented and skilled individuals to join the Baldwins brand, if an employee successfully introduces a person to Baldwins you will receive a highly competitive bonus.
- Employee assistance program – 24hr 365-day service to counselling and advisory service.
- Eye care vouchers
Our core values & behaviours underpin what Baldwins is all about. These are the foundations that we will continue to build and develop our business on as we move forward. Along with roles and responsibilities definitions, these core values & behaviours are what we expect to be displayed by all staff and partners at all levels and at all times. Consistently demonstrating the behaviours allows the group to grow and achieve our goals of happy staff, happy clients and financial strength.
Learning and Development is an integral part of the Baldwins Group. We aim to provide the best support to our people to ensure that their development and knowledge is at the best level possible through professional qualifications, online training and self-development.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please click here