TAX TRAINEE – SWANSEA
As a Tax Trainee at our Swansea office you will report to the Assistant Tax Manager and work closely with fellow employees in the Tax department as well as the Audit and Business Services departments, to maintain the excellent service provided to our clients. We strive to provide our clients with advice and solutions, derived from a thorough understanding of their needs. This is made possible by the quality of our people and our depth of expertise at all levels.
In a dynamic, fast-moving industry, the demand for highly-qualified tax professionals has never been higher. This role will offer an opportunity to train for membership of both the Association of Tax Technicians (ATT) and the Chartered Institute of Taxation (CTA), the gold standard of quality for tax professionals.
The successful candidate will be a motivated with a strong academic background and be able to provide our clients a high level of service.
We are the one of the fastest growing accountancy practices in the UK with over 2500 staff in over 80+ office locations. Baldwins is now part of the Cogital Group which has 4700 people Operating from 150 offices in 7 countries. We are committed to providing an outstanding service to our clients and their businesses and provide a diverse range of compliance and specialist services specifically designed to our client’s individual needs. We work with all types of businesses from sole traders to large national corporations and everything in between. As a firm we have grown significantly both organically and by acquisition and by using a consultative approach we can offer a wide range of Business solutions, across Accounting, Audit, Tax, Payroll, Corporate Finance and Restructuring & Insolvency.
As a Tax Trainee at our Swansea office, your main responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of personal and corporate tax returns
- Dealing with all areas of HMRC compliance relating to personal tax, corporate tax and PAYE
- Assisting clients with resolving simple, ad hoc tax queries and building strong client relationships
- Liaising with HMRC on the client’s behalf
- Providing assistance to colleagues on low level tax issues arising
- Organise and prioritise workload for your own client portfolio with minimal manager supervision
As a Tax Trainee at our Swansea office, your skills and qualifications will include:
- A 2:1 degree (or higher) in any discipline
- Have an aptitude for figures
- Demonstrate a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Word & Outlook
- Be able to communicate clearly and effectively with both colleagues and clients
- Have an organised and methodical approach to their workload
- Demonstrate excellent time management for meeting strict compliance deadlines
- Have the ability to work alone, and have a proven track record of working as part of a team
- Possess an innovative approach to problem solving
- Display a professional and enthusiastic approach
- Integrity and respect for confidential information
- Hold a full & clean driving licence, with daily access to a car
- Be willing to travel and work at client sites
- This post is based at our Swansea office and requires candidates to reside within a commutable distance
Our clients deserve the best, the same goes for our people. You will receive a competitive salary and benefits package. Learning and Development is an integral part of the Baldwins Group. We aim to provide the best support to our people to ensure that their development and knowledge is at the best level possible through professional qualifications, online training and self-development.
Our Core Values & Behaviours underpin what Baldwins is all about. These are the foundations that we will continue to build and develop our business on as we move forward. Along with roles and responsibilities definitions, these Core Values & Behaviours are what we expect to be displayed by all staff and partners at all levels and at all times. Consistently demonstrating the Behaviours allows the Firm to grow and achieve our four goals of Happy Staff, Happy Clients, Financial Strength and Quality of Advice and Service.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV and cover letter including salary expectations and notice period to email@example.com