TAX MANAGER – WITNEY
Our Witney office seeks an experienced, high calibre Tax Manager to join their growing team.
|Reporting to:||Tax Director|
|Salary:||Dependant on experience|
|Term:||Full time and Permanent|
- To direct and review the compliance work. We look after around 800 self assessment tax returns. The tax return review work is shared with the other manager and the tax senior studying CTA.
- To provide technical support and assistance to the team
- To train new team members on the job and help manage formal tax training for all staff
- To control the work flow and ensure we deliver outstanding customer service
- To provide tax technical advice to clients. We are regularly asked for advice on tax residence status, capital gains tax, inheritance tax, SDLT, tax efficient dividend planning, exit planning as well as EIS schemes, EMI share options, R&D and capital allowances. The senior team work collaboratively and all advice is peer reviewed before it goes out.
- The role includes a mixture of advice and technical work and compliance work
- The role does not include corporation tax or VAT work
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- CTA qualified or equivalent
- Have excellent communication skills both written and verbally and be able to explain technical issues simply and clearly
- Either be a tax manager already or responsible for managing their own portfolio of personal tax clients and can demonstrate proven organisational abilities and the ability to manage others in their team.
- Able to work under pressure and inspire the team to deliver exceptional service.
- Good at IT – a good working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook and tax software packages
- Passionate about maintaining and extending their own and the team’s technical knowledge
- Keen to help the firm to grow
- Be a team player and have a good sense of humour
WHAT WE OFFER
- A competitive remuneration package
- Training and development within the role
- Opportunity to progress in your career within a growing company
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you think you are the right person for this job to Karen Horwood at Morgan Cameron, 9 Thorney Leys Park, Witney OX28 4GE or you can email your CV and letter to firstname.lastname@example.org