TAX ADVISORY MANAGER – PRIVATE CLIENT – TAMWORTH/BIRMINGHAM
Our Midlands region are seeking an experienced Tax Advisory – Private Client specialist to join our growing Tax team. This person will have a broad skill set with significant experience in advising on private client matters and possibly IHT and trust tax planning.
|Job Title:||Tax Advisory Manager – Private Client|
|Location:||Tamworth / Birmingham|
Baldwins are one of the fastest growing accountancy practices in the UK with over 3200 staff in 95+ office locations. Baldwins is part of the Cogital Group which has 6,000 people operating from 185 offices in 7 countries.
We work with all types of businesses from private clients to large national corporations. As a Group we have grown significantly both organically and by acquisition and by using a consultative approach we can offer a wide range of Business solutions, across Accounting, Audit, Tax, Payroll, Corporate Finance and Restructuring & Insolvency.
As a Tax Advisory – Private Client specialist based in one of our Midlands Offices, your main responsibilities will include:
- Providing technical advice to private clients across the region on a broad range of issues, focusing in particular on income tax, capital gains and inheritance tax planning
- Senior level review of complex personal tax (and subject to the experience of the candidate, trust returns)
- Building and development of client and intermediary relationships
- Providing technical support for the regional offices
- Mentoring of junior members of tax team
- Ensuring work is completed in a timely manner and in accordance with deadlines
- Assist the Partners as required
- Ensuring Partners, staff and clients are up to date with their compliance obligations and legislative changes, helping them assess the impact for them and keeping abreast of opportunities.
- Responsible for negotiating fees and the timely billing of fees for advisory work completed.
- Responsible for complying with all internal risk management procedures.
In addition, as a Tax Advisory – Private Client specialist you will be expected to:
- Be technically strong, with experience of advising clients on complex tax-related issues
- CTA/STEP qualified
- Have a focus on delivering excellent client service
- Have a strong interest in business development
- Have significant experience in advisory work relating to CGT, income tax, IHT and trust planning
- Have experience in non-domicile and residence issues is desirable, but not essential
- Have a proven track record of leading engagements and an awareness of how to open up new business opportunities
- Demonstrate coaching skills to develop teams and add true value within the department
- Have excellent time management & multitasking abilities
- Have a full clean driving license and be prepared to visit clients and local offices in and around the Midlands as needed.
The successful applicant will be an experienced tax professional with a personal tax / private client tax background gained within accountancy practice. Candidates will be expected to have experience of managing Private Client advisory assignments, including preparation of detailed reports and advice.
Our clients deserve the best, the same goes for our people. You will receive a competitive salary and the following benefits package:
- 25 days holiday plus statutory
- Employee benefits portal including offers on retail, health, wellbeing, days out, restaurants etc.
- 4 x Death in service
- Employee referral scheme – We are constantly seeking talented and skilled individuals to join the Baldwins brand, if an employee successfully introduces a person to Baldwins you will receive a highly competitive bonus.
- Employee assistance program – 24hr 365-day service to counselling and advisory service.
- Eyecare vouchers
Our core values & behaviours underpin what Baldwins is all about. These are the foundations that we will continue to build and develop our business on as we move forward. Along with roles and responsibilities definitions, these core values & behaviours are what we expect to be displayed by all staff and partners at all levels and at all times. Consistently demonstrating the behaviours allows the group to grow and achieve our goals of happy staff, happy clients and financial strength.
Learning and Development is also an integral part of the Baldwins Group. We aim to provide the best support to our people to ensure that their development and knowledge is at the best level possible through professional qualifications, online training and self-development.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please click here