TAX ADVISOR – CARDIFF
As a Tax Advisor at our Cardiff office you will be joining our tax Team and will have a wide-ranging remit providing a high level and complete service to clients including tax compliance, consultancy and planning advice. They will identify opportunities and manage client relationships and expectations whilst ensuring technical excellence and a practical/business driven approach is taken. The successful candidate will undertake a mix of Corporate and Personal tax work.
We are the one of the fastest growing accountancy practices in the UK with over 2500 staff in over 80+ office locations. Baldwins is now part of the Cogital Group which has 4700 people Operating from 150 offices in 7 countries. We are committed to providing an outstanding service to our clients and their businesses and provide a diverse range of compliance and specialist services specifically designed to our client’s individual needs. We work with all types of businesses from sole traders to large national corporations and everything in between. As a firm we have grown significantly both organically and by acquisition and by using a consultative approach we can offer a wide range of Business solutions, across Accounting, Audit, Tax, Payroll, Corporate Finance and Restructuring & Insolvency.
As a Tax Advisor at our Cardiff office, your main responsibilities will include:
- Acting as the first point of contact for a portfolio of clients
- Advising clients on tax matters, both personal tax and corporate tax
- Preparing and reviewing clients’ corporate and personal tax returns, including those for individuals and trusts
- Providing compliance services for a portfolio of clients
- Ability to work unsupervised and handle compliance
As a Tax Advisor at our Cardiff office, your skills and qualifications will include:
- A professional qualification (ATT, CTA, ACCA, ACA or equivalent), or qualified by experience, or currently studying towards a qualification
- Experience of working with both finance and non-finance people
- Experience of personal and corporate tax work
- Experience of working in a practice environment
- Experience of working in a dynamic, fast changing environment
- A common sense & logical approach to tasks
- Initiative and proactivity in their work
- An ability to solve problems by critically evaluating issues
- Care for clients and colleagues and seek to exceed expectations by anticipating and proactively developing solutions for clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven research skills e.g. information seeking and knowledge sharing, understanding and interpreting information/applying knowledge with a strong attention to detail
- A sound track record in meeting deadlines and demonstrate effectiveness within a team environment
- A willingness to travel and work at client sites
- Hold a full & clean driving license, with daily access to a car
- Advanced excel and word skills
Our clients deserve the best, the same goes for our people. You will receive a competitive salary and benefits package. Learning and Development is an integral part of the Baldwins Group. We aim to provide the best support to our people to ensure that their development and knowledge is at the best level possible through professional qualifications, online training and self-development.
Our Core Values & Behaviours underpin what Baldwins is all about. These are the foundations that we will continue to build and develop our business on as we move forward. Along with roles and responsibilities definitions, these Core Values & Behaviours are what we expect to be displayed by all staff and partners at all levels and at all times. Consistently demonstrating the Behaviours allows the Firm to grow and achieve our four goals of Happy Staff, Happy Clients, Financial Strength and Quality of Advice and Service.
How to Apply:
To apply please click here