SENIOR ACCOUNTANT – BICESTER
As Senior Account at our Bicester office you will manage a portfolio of clients alongside preparation of accounts for limited companies, sole traders and partnerships. You will have strong experience of working within practice and have exposure to the essential elements of client service and delivery.
We are the one of the fastest growing accountancy practices in the UK with over 2500 staff in over 80+ office locations. Baldwins is now part of the Cogital Group which has 4700 people Operating from 150 offices in 7 countries. We are committed to providing an outstanding service to our clients and their businesses and provide a diverse range of compliance and specialist services specifically designed to our client’s individual needs. We work with all types of businesses from sole traders to large national corporations and everything in between. As a firm we have grown significantly both organically and by acquisition and by using a consultative approach we can offer a wide range of Business solutions, across Accounting, Audit, Tax, Payroll, Corporate Finance and Restructuring & Insolvency.
As Senior Account at our Bicester office, your main responsibilities will include:
- Prepare accounts and tax computations for an existing client portfolio of clients with turnovers between £500K and £30m
- Work specifically within a portfolio containing a number of subsidiaries of international groups
- Be interested in working on ad hoc project work whether in tax or accounting
- Assist in the work allocation and management of deadlines for this portfolio
- Deliver the work required for this portfolio
- Be confident in UK taxation & accounting
- Maintain and develop the current client relationships ensuring tax efficiency and delivering commercial insight
- Be able to run client meetings
- Be a technical contact for clients and team members, aiding on accounting and taxation queries
- Demonstrate excellence in current accounting standards, legislation, technical issues and related matters
- Continue your personal and professional development through education, training and experience
- Be able to train and develop staff on controls and procedures and in getting the best from their own resources
- Be able, knowledgeable and competent on year end, tax and management accounts software, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Undertake other reasonable business tasks as requested or required within the practice and actively participate in the activities and needs of the company
As Senior Account at our Bicester office, your skills and qualifications will include:
- Newly qualified or soon-to-be qualified accountant (ACCA/ACA), or QBE with previous experience of working in practice
- Broad range of experience dealing with all aspects of limited companies, as well as sole traders and partnerships
- Technically sound in Accounting, VAT, Corporation Tax and Personal Tax to manage the service delivery effectively
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel essential
- Working knowledge of CCH and cloud-based accounting packages desirable though not essential
Our clients deserve the best, the same goes for our people. You will receive a competitive salary and benefits package. Learning and Development is an integral part of the Baldwins Group. We aim to provide the best support to our people to ensure that their development and knowledge is at the best level possible through professional qualifications, online training and self development.
Our Core Values & Behaviours underpin what Baldwins is all about. These are the foundations that we will continue to build and develop our business on as we move forward. Along with roles and responsibilities definitions, these Core Values & Behaviours are what we expect to be displayed by all staff and partners at all levels and at all times. Consistently demonstrating the Behaviours allows the Firm to grow and achieve our four goals of Happy Staff, Happy Clients, Financial Strength and Quality of Advice and Service.
How to Apply:
To apply please click here