R&D TAX RELIEF REGIONAL MANAGER – TAMWORTH
As an R&D Tax Relief Regional Manager in the Midlands Region, your role will involve managing the R&D claim work for four Midlands Regions, from the Welsh Border to Cambridge and from Derby to Oxford.
There will be up to 9 regional R&D managers across the UK, reporting to the three National Heads of R&D. The successful candidate will be required to liaise with the other Regional Heads to support the National R&D strategy.
You must present solutions to increasingly complex technical issues, demonstrate sufficient technical knowledge to develop solutions to complex technical issues and manage a team in demanding assignments on a day to day basis. The role will be target driven and will have a large geographical coverage.
We are the one of the fastest growing accountancy practices in the UK with over 2500 staff in over 80+ office locations. Baldwins is now part of the Cogital Group which has 4700 people Operating from 150 offices in 7 countries. We are committed to providing an outstanding service to our clients and their businesses and provide a diverse range of compliance and specialist services specifically designed to our client’s individual needs. We work with all types of businesses from sole traders to large national corporations and everything in between. As a firm we have grown significantly both organically and by acquisition and by using a consultative approach we can offer a wide range of Business solutions, across Accounting, Audit, Tax, Payroll, Corporate Finance and Restructuring & Insolvency.
As a R&D Tax Relief Regional Manager, your main responsibilities will include:
- Identification of potential R&D claims and associated discussions with clients and prospects.
- Review of and Preparation of R&D reports for submission to HMRC.
- Management of a team of R&D claim specialists, to involve relevant training of the team.
- Deliver R&D tax client services to a high standard; communicate directly with clients on the phone or in person where appropriate to resolve queries and develop relationships.
- Provide technical advice and support to colleagues in relation to innovation incentives and tax planning for innovative companies.
- Increase the client base through an organised approach to business development e.g. networking, client recommendation requests, and developing a referrer base.
- Monitor and manage the financial performance of the R&D portfolio in line with KPI’s.
- Ensure the Firm’s technical, ethical and compliance procedures are adhered to in all cases.
- Act as a point of contact on specific R&D projects for any queries from the business.
- Demonstrates the ability to analyse potential solutions and make recommendations accordingly
- Accurately interpret advice obtained from other specialists and questions where required
- Presents solutions to increasingly complex technical issues
- Demonstrates an awareness of technical risk through well supported research
- Liaise with other Regional R&D specialists to ensure a consistent and uniform approach to R&D work across the firm
Who we’re looking for:
We are looking for a technically strong individual, who has experience working in a large firm and experience in front of clients. We are particularly looking for an individual who has a corporate tax background developed in an accountancy environment, coupled with significant provable experience in the R&D claims field.
Required Skills & Attributes:
- Experience of preparing and submitting R&D claims essential.
- Self-starter capable of motivating, driving and developing the team.
- Likely to be CTA qualified.
- High level of technical expertise.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels including excellent inter-personal skills in dealing with clients in person and report writing, with the ability to explain and simplify highly technical points for clients to understand.
- Ability to provide excellent client care.
- Strong relationship building, networking and business development skills.
- Experience of corporate tax.
- Likely to currently be a CT Specialist at manager level, specialising in R&D.
Our clients deserve the best, the same goes for our people. You will receive a competitive salary and benefits package. Learning and Development is an integral part of the Baldwins Group. We aim to provide the best support to our people to ensure that their development and knowledge is at the best level possible through professional qualifications, online training and self development.
Our Core Values & Behaviours underpin what Baldwins is all about. These are the foundations that we will continue to build and develop our business on as we move forward. Along with roles and responsibilities definitions, these Core Values & Behaviours are what we expect to be displayed by all staff and partners at all levels and at all times. Consistently demonstrating the Behaviours allows the Firm to grow and achieve our four goals of Happy Staff, Happy Clients, Financial Strength and Quality of Advice and Service.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV and cover letter including salary expectations and notice period to Gemma Peach at email@example.com