Competitive Salary + Benefits
Are you looking to take the next step on your journey? Want to be part of an international family whose vision is “To make their services smarter, more effective, and more personal every day”? Then you could be our next investment! At Baldwins Accountants – part of the CogitalGroup, you are in control of your career and with our support this will make us even stronger, together. Our moto when it comes to career development is “Your Journey – Your Voice – Your Success “.
Our values are our motivations:
Our values are at the heart of everything we do. We are looking for people who also believe in these drivers as we work together to achieve success for both our colleagues and our clients alike. As a business we believe we are stronger together. We share knowledge, ask for help and empower each other to achieve more collectively. We are open minded and value everyone’s contribution, embracing our differences and fostering a culture of trust and inclusion. We look for people who adapt quickly to change, finding smart ways to deliver the best results and remain one step ahead. Does that sound like you?
To get the job that you’ll love
The role will include:
- Processing weekly, fortnightly, 4-weekly and monthly payroll, including RTI submissions to HMR&C
- Processing SMP, SSP, pension and other deductions
- Calculate and process CIS deductions
- Setting up starters and leavers and process necessary returns (P46/P45)
- Process year-end returns (P60)
- Liaise with clients and HMR&C to resolve all payroll queries
- Ensuring compliance with client’s auto-enrolment duties
- Calculation and submission of claims under the Job Retention Scheme on behalf of clients
- Report directly to a Manager
The prospective candidate will have:
- Minimum 5 years relevant payroll experience
- CIPP accreditation or qualified (desirable but not essential)
- Have an excellent working knowledge of STAR (IRIS Payroll Professional) and/or Sage payroll software
- Have proven experience of working in a practice environment (desirable but not essential)
- Have a proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong client relationships
- Have a proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions
- Be a motivated individual and able to work alone or as part of a team
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate:
- Up to date knowledge of payroll legislation, including recent changes associated with COVID-19
- The ability to take responsibility and use own initiative to resolve problems and issues
- The ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and clients at all levels
- Strong organisation and planning skills and attention to detail and ability to meet tight deadlines
- The ability to positively embrace changes and new challenges
- Experience of Microsoft Office 365
- Hold a full and clean driving licence
A note from the Hiring Manager;
“We are excited by the opportunity to recruit a high calibre Payroll Senior to join our busy and growing team based in South Wales. The successful candidate will be joining a team of 10 servicing a wide-variety of SME clients in all aspects of payroll delivery – the varied role will ensure every day is different!”
We are looking to recruit a high calibre Payroll Senior to join our team based in Cardiff. The individual will be joining our busy, growing team providing our clients with excellent specialist knowledge and service delivery.
Why join the Baldwins family?
The relationship we have with our colleagues is of the upmost importance to us as a business. Your voice is important to us. Attracting and retaining the right people who will deliver the level of service that our clients expect is key to both ours and your success.
We offer training and development opportunities to all employees. In nurturing talent from all backgrounds, this helps us to grow our own and bring out the best in people.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days annual leave
- Life Assurance
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Eyecare Vouchers
- Employee Benefits Portal
- Extensive Learning and Development Opportunities
- Opportunity to attend social events
- Career Coaching