PART QUALIFIED ACCOUNTANT
We are seeking a part-qualified accountant to join our team in our Aberdare office. This person would be someone who has previous experience of working in practice and exposure to the essential elements of client service and delivery. The successful applicant will be a part of a team of circa 6 people working in the accounts department.
|Salary:||Dependant on experience|
|Term:||Full time and Permanent|
As a part-qualified accountant, you will be required to:
- Process transactions on accounting software, including maintaining the sales and purchase ledgers, nominal ledgers and processing all bank transactions. To include reconciling all balance sheet accounts.
- Preparation of accounts for limited companies, sole traders and partnerships.
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly management accounts for limited companies.
- Maintain client books and records on a regular basis.
- Preparation of VAT returns.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with new and existing clients.
- Work and liaise with other members in the accounts team and colleagues in other parts of the firm as necessary to provide high quality client service.
- Report directly to a Manager.
- Able to project manage in order to meet deadlines and budget constraints.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- AAT qualified with previous experience of working in practice (ideally studying ACCA or equivalent).
- Technically capable of producing accounts to a high standard and in-depth knowledge of current accounting standards (FRS 105 and FRS102).
- Working knowledge of CCH desirable.
- Working knowledge of Sage Line 50, Sage One, Xero and Microsoft Excel essential.
- Able to communicate clearly with colleagues and clients at all levels.
- A proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions.
- Possess strong team working skills.
- Demonstrable ability to take responsibility and use own initiative.
- Full, clean driving licence as some work may require travel.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A competitive remuneration package
- Training and development within the role
- Opportunity to progress in your career within a growing company
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you think you are the right person for this job to Jonathan Rees – firstname.lastname@example.org