MIXED TAX MANAGER – WEST MIDLANDS
|Job Title:||Mixed Tax Manager|
|Location:||West Midlands (covering Black Country and Birmingham)|
We are the one of the fastest growing accountancy practices in the UK with over 3200 staff in 95+ office locations. Baldwins is part of the Cogital Group which has 6,000 people operating from 185 offices in 7 countries.
We work with all types of businesses from sole traders to large national corporations. As a Group we have grown significantly both organically and by acquisition and by using a consultative approach we can offer a wide range of Business solutions, across Accounting, Audit, Tax, Payroll, Corporate Finance and Restructuring & Insolvency.
As a Tax Manager at our West Midlands offices, your main responsibilities will include:
- Providing technical advice to a variety of clients across the region on a broad range of issues, focusing in particular on corporation tax, share schemes, income tax, capital gains and inheritance tax planning.
- Responsible for a number of client relationships, supporting them on a variety of tax advisory matters across corporate and personal tax matters.
- Responsible for the delivery of the corporation and personal tax content of projects and managing input from other tax colleagues (typically Transfer Pricing, VAT and employment taxes), assessing that input and ensuring inter dependencies across taxes are considered. This will often involve international tax content and require regular working with our extensive network of international member firms.
- Manage the delivery of tax due diligence assignments, supporting our lead advisory team on transactions both buy and sell side.
- Responsible for complying with all internal risk management procedures and ensuring our advice is delivered with adherence to firm risk policy.
- Demonstrate an ability to analyse and interpret data, identifying business issues and applying technical knowledge appropriately.
- You’ll write high quality, professional tax reports, ready for review by the tax partner/director.
- Flexibly mobile, able and prepared to serve clients across the Midlands region and attend internal meetings in the region’s tax hubs as appropriate.
- Responsible for negotiating fees and the timely billing of fees for work completed on your client portfolio.
- Lead, manage, motivate and coach other members of the team, working with a great team of like-minded colleagues all focused on supporting each other to perform at their best.
As a Tax Manager at our West Midlands offices, your main attributes will include:
- Qualified as CTA, ACA or equivalent.
- Technically strong, with experience of advising clients on complex tax-related issues.
- Have a track record of delivering advisory assignments including preparation of reports covering a variety of complex technical matters communicated in a clear, client-friendly format.
- Proven track record of leading engagements and an awareness of how to open up new business opportunities.
- Demonstrate exceptional leadership and coaching skills to develop teams and add true value within the department.
Our clients deserve the best, the same goes for our people. You will receive a competitive salary and the following benefits package:
- 25 days holiday plus statutory
- Employee benefits portal including offers on retail, health, well being, days out, restaurants etc.
- 4 x Death in service
- Employee referral scheme – We are constantly seeking talented and skilled individuals to join the Baldwins brand, if an employee successfully introduces a person to Baldwins you will receive a highly competitive bonus.
- Employee assistance program – 24hr 365-day service to counselling and advisory service.
- Eyecare vouchers
Our Core Values & Behaviours underpin what Baldwins is all about. These are the foundations that we will continue to build and develop our business on as we move forward. Along with roles and responsibilities definitions, these Core Values & Behaviours are what we expect to be displayed by all staff and partners at all levels and at all times. Consistently demonstrating the Behaviours allows the Firm to grow and achieve our four goals of Happy Staff, Happy Clients, Financial Strength and Quality of Advice and Service.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please click here