MAKING TAX DIGITAL (MTD) MANAGER – OSWESTRY
As an MTD Manager at our Oswestry Office you will be responsible for the delivery of our MTD, VAT and book keeping services to our clients. You will coordinate the efficient processing of this work using a variety of software packages. You will also help to train clients and staff on using cloud accounting packages.
We are the one of the fastest growing accountancy practices in the UK with over 2700 staff in over 90+ office locations. Baldwins is now part of the Cogital Group which has 4700 people Operating from 150 offices in 7 countries. We are committed to providing an outstanding service to our clients and their businesses and provide a diverse range of compliance and specialist services specifically designed to our client’s individual needs. We work with all types of businesses from sole traders to large national corporations and everything in between. As a firm we have grown significantly both organically and by acquisition and by using a consultative approach we can offer a wide range of Business solutions, across Accounting, Audit, Tax, Payroll, Corporate Finance and Restructuring & Insolvency.
As an MTD Manager at our Oswestry Office, your main responsibilities will include:
- Provide exceptional service to clients on a cost effective and timely basis.
- Respond to client and third parties’ queries in a timely manner.
- Prepare VAT returns using cloud accounting packages
- Coordinate getting the records in from clients to prepare the returns and keep the book keeping up to date
- Contact clients regarding their VAT liabilities and book keeping issues
- Liaise with Accounts managers to integrate the book keeping with the annual accounts and management accounts preparation cycle
- Develop the range of services that we can provide to clients
- Train clients on the use of accounting software packages
- Responsibility for billing clients for the work processed
- Train staff on the use of accounting software packages
- Work as part of a team with other staff to coordinate the efficient management of our substantial MTD and book keeping portfolio
As a MTD Manager at our Oswestry Office, your skills and qualifications will include:
- Extensive experience using some or all of the main software packages – SAGE, Xero, Farmplan, Quickbooks etc
- Strong computer literacy
- Experienced in a practice environment
- Used to dealing with client queries by phone or face to face
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Confident organising a portfolio of clients and delivering training
Desirable: AAT or qualified by experience
Essential: Experience within a Practice environment dealing with clients and delivering MTD and book keeping services
Our clients deserve the best, the same goes for our people. You will receive a competitive salary and benefits package. Learning and Development is an integral part of the Baldwins Group. We aim to provide the best support to our people to ensure that their development and knowledge is at the best level possible through professional qualifications, online training and self-development.
Our Core Values & Behaviours underpin what Baldwins is all about. These are the foundations that we will continue to build and develop our business on as we move forward. Along with roles and responsibilities definitions, these Core Values & Behaviours are what we expect to be displayed by all staff and partners at all levels and at all times. Consistently demonstrating the Behaviours allows the Group to grow and achieve our goals of Happy Staff, Happy Clients and Financial Strength
How to Apply:
Please send your CV and cover letter including salary expectations and notice period to Gemma Peach at email@example.com