IT SUPPORT FIELD ENGINEER – ALDRIDGE
As an IT Support Field Engineer at our Aldridge office you will provide 2nd and 3rd line on-site support to various sites throughout the West Midlands.
We are the one of the fastest growing accountancy practices in the UK with over 2500 staff in over 90+ office locations. Baldwins is part of the Cogital Group which has 4700 people Operating from 150 offices in 7 countries. We are committed to providing an outstanding service to our clients and their businesses and provide a diverse range of compliance and specialist services specifically designed to our client’s individual needs. We work with all types of businesses from sole traders to large national corporations and everything in between. As a Group we have grown significantly both organically and by acquisition and by using a consultative approach we can offer a wide range of Business solutions, across Accounting, Audit, Tax, Payroll, Corporate Finance and Restructuring & Insolvency.
As an IT Support Field Engineer at our Aldridge office, your main responsibilities will involve:
- You will provide second- and third-line on-site support. The Helpdesk team will log and resolve as many tickets as they are authorised to do. More complex tickets will be escalated for further diagnosis and resolution.
- Secondment to project work: You will be required to work on a project work, such as a roll-out of a new system, or an office move. Involvement in centralisation and out of region projects. You’ll be briefed on this by your manager.
- Installation, configuration and support of all user hardware and software
- Responsible for site set ups to include running and testing cables
- PC/Laptop rebuild, device encryption, OS and application patching, general software installation
- Working with other delivery teams (Technical Projects, IT Operations, and Service Desk) as required ensuring the timely delivery of projects / project support
- You will be West Midlands based with occasional out of town and out of hours working as required to support specific projects
- Provide assistance to other delivery teams as required. Including; Technical Projects, IT Operations, and Service Desk
- Provision of in-person regional support: Some tickets although simple, are much easier addressed in person. If you can be or are on site at a location with such an issue, you’ll pick up this ticket and resolve it.
- Device and application support: PC/Laptop build, device encryption, OS and application patching, general software installation, user/device migrations etc. Maintain onsite networking including Cisco Meraki firewalls and WiFi AP’s.
- Keeping your skills up to date / training: A key part of your role is learning about the new technologies implemented or acquired by the group. New training objectives will be agreed with your line manager.
- Product Specialisms: Related to the above, you will develop (and may already have) specialist product knowledge. It is important that you continue keep this knowledge up to date and maintain and increase it for the benefit of the whole IT Team.
As an IT Support Field Engineer at our Aldridge office, your skills and qualifications will include:
- Full UK driving licence as travel will be required
- Experience with Windows server platforms, Active Directory, Exchange/Office 365
- Experience with Windows 7 and Windows 10 Desktop and MS Office support skills
- Good knowledge of current accountancy software packages
- Skills including running CAT cables and testing
- Ambitious and enjoys challenge
- Excellent communication skills across all levels of role within the business, both written and verbal
- Travel – As part of this role is onsite installation, you must be willing to travel throughout the Midlands region
- Good organisation skills
- Self-motivated and able to work unsupervised
- Excellent problem solving and ability to think outside the box
- Ability to work confidentially
- Essential – Attention to detail
- Essential – Windows 7 and Windows 10 Desktop and MS Office support skills
- Essential – Server, Active Directory, Domain skills
- Essential – Cabling skills – Experience of running CAT cables and testing
- You will not only be passionate about IT but also ambitious with a desire to progress your career within our team
- Ability to demonstrate behaviours at the appropriate level as described in the Group’s Guiding Principles document;
– Client Focus
– Decision Making
– Forward Thinking
– Drive for results
– Curiosity for information
– Managing and developing self and others
Our clients deserve the best, the same goes for our people. You will receive a competitive salary and benefits package. Learning and Development is an integral part of the Baldwins Group. We aim to provide the best support to our people to ensure that their development and knowledge is at the best level possible through professional qualifications, online training and self-development.
Our Core Values & Behaviours underpin what Baldwins is all about. These are the foundations that we will continue to build and develop our business on as we move forward. Along with roles and responsibilities definitions, these Core Values & Behaviours are what we expect to be displayed by all staff and partners at all levels and at all times. Consistently demonstrating the Behaviours allows the Group to grow and achieve our goals of Happy Staff, Happy Clients and Financial Strength.
How to Apply:
To apply please click here