HR ADVISOR – DURHAM
As a HR Advisor in our Durham office you will provide a proactive, professional and supportive people administration and second line KR service to the firm across all service lines and offices.
|Job Title:||HR Advisor|
We are the one of the fastest growing accountancy practices in the UK with over 3,000 staff in over 95+ office locations. Baldwins is part of the Cogital Group which has 6,500 people operating from 150 offices in 7 countries. We are committed to providing an outstanding service to our clients and their businesses and provide a diverse range of compliance and specialist services specifically designed to our client’s individual needs. We work with all types of businesses from sole traders to large national corporations and everything in between. As a Group, we have grown significantly both organically and by acquisition and by using a consultative approach we can offer a wide range of Business solutions, across Accounting, Audit, Tax, Payroll, Corporate Finance and Restructuring & Insolvency.
As a HR Advisor at our Durham office, your main responsibilities will include:
- Visiting regional offices and working with local office partner and senior management on ER matters (including disciplinary, grievances, capability, restructures, welfare matters).
- Providing support to staff and partners, escalating queries and issues as required.
- Supporting regional HR Manager with development of HR function.
- Monitoring key HR metrics.
- Updating and developing the HR IT system (currently Cascade), including running reports.
- Guiding and supporting administration duties of the HR team, providing support to the team as necessary. Duties include; filing, reference requests, starter and leaver processes, updating absence records,acknowledging CVs, supporting payroll activities, booking meeting rooms and catering for the HR team as required.
- Updating intranet, LinkedIn to support Group recruitment.
- Assist with the development of the HR function across the firm.
- Proactively dealing with recruitment enquiries and speculative applications.
- Represent the firm in a professional manner at all times.
- Ensure all written documentation reflects the professional image of the firm.
- Provide support to HR projects and daily activities as required.
As a HR Advisor at our Durham office, your skills and qualifications will include:
- Previous experience in a busy generalist HR team preferred.
- Previous experiences of dealing with employee relations matters.
- Understanding of HR and its impact/place in a business.
- Preferred candidates will hold an appropriate qualification or be working towards one.
- Ability to demonstrate a pro-active approach, working on own initiative, escalating matters as appropriate.
- Strong interpersonal skills should be demonstrated, as well as developed customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong planning and organisation skills should be demonstrated with the ability to provide a pro-active HR service.
- Self-motivated and able to work unsupervised.
- Ability to demonstrate behaviours at the appropriate level as described in the firm’s Guiding Principles document.
- Hold a full and clean driving licence with access to a car.
Our clients deserve the best, the same goes for our people. You will receive a competitive salary and benefits package. Learning and Development is an integral part of the Baldwins Group. We aim to provide the best support to our people to ensure that their development and knowledge is at the best level possible through professional qualifications, online training and self-development.
Our Core Values & Behaviours underpin what Baldwins is all about. These are the foundations that we will continue to build and develop our business on as we move forward. Along with roles and responsibilities definitions, these Core Values & Behaviours are what we expect to be displayed by all staff and partners at all levels and at all times. Consistently demonstrating the Behaviours allows the Firm to grow and achieve our goals of Happy Staff, Happy Clients and Financial Strength.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please click here