FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING MANAGER – WALSALL
As a Financial Accounting Manager at our Walsall office you will be responsible for aiding the business in providing compliant and timely audited annual statutory financial statements of subsidiaries, compliant positions on VAT return preparation and all other group related balance sheet accounts. In addition, being a key coordinator for various accounting technical matters such as acquisitions that may arise from time to time.
|Reporting to:||Baldwins Group CFO|
We are the one of the fastest growing accountancy practices in the UK with over 2600 staff in over 80+ office locations. Baldwins is now part of the Cogital Group which has 4700 people Operating from 150 offices in 7 countries. We are committed to providing an outstanding service to our clients and their businesses and provide a diverse range of compliance and specialist services specifically designed to our client’s individual needs. We work with all types of businesses from sole traders to large national corporations and everything in between. As a firm we have grown significantly both organically and by acquisition and by using a consultative approach we can offer a wide range of Business solutions, across Accounting, Audit, Tax, Payroll, Corporate Finance and Restructuring & Insolvency. Our growth strategy is to acquire smaller CA practices from time to time and currently have annual revenues in excess of £200m. The accounting function of the group is centralised in Walsall employing 65 in Finance covering credit control, payroll, accounts payable and management and financial accounting.
As a Financial Accounting Manager at our Walsall office, your main responsibilities will include:
- Prepare and submit the various quarterly VAT returns each month to HMRC.
- The growth strategy of the business is to undertake smaller acquisitions on a regular basis. The role requires oversight of the acquisition accounting especially in connection to the PPA (Fair Value) exercises required to support the 2019 group reporting to Cogital.
- Review of the monthly group balance sheet reconciliations
- Monthly cashflows and forecasts required for group purposes
- Assist with the implementation of new accounting standards such as IFRS 9, 15 and 16 as part of the 2019 reporting.
- Review the 2019 group and then subsequently the subsidiary accounts to ensure technical compliance.
- 2019 (30 June) UK Statutory accounts of subsidiaries – coordinate the preparation of, audit and submission of the accounts to Companies House by end March 2020.
- 2018 (30 June) UK Statutory accounts of subsidiaries (FRS 102) – currently 72 of these of which 52 are active. These are being prepared by other teams. You are required to coordinate and review each prior to audit after which they will be submitted to Companies House no later than the extended deadline of 30 June 2019.
- This process will also assist the validation of various older balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Oversight of the Corporate Simplification initiative to reduce the number of annual audited statements from 52 to 5 by end June 2019. Liaise with lawyers and auditors as appropriate.
- Oversight of the reduction of the current 61 VAT registrations and returns preparation by means of applying for a group VAT registration also by end June 2019.
As a Financial Accounting Manager at our Walsall office, your skills and qualifications will include:
- Candidates will be CIMA/ACCA/ACA qualified.
- An eye for detail, commercially minded and passionate about adding value.
- Ability to work in a high pressured ever evolving environment.
- Must be able to multi-task, manage several deliverables simultaneously, work independently and be extremely flexible in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively at all levels – a team player.
- Strong – Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
Our clients deserve the best, the same goes for our people. You will receive a competitive salary and benefits package. Learning and Development is an integral part of the Baldwins Group. We aim to provide the best support to our people to ensure that their development and knowledge is at the best level possible through professional qualifications, online training and self development.
Our Core Values & Behaviours underpin what Baldwins is all about. These are the foundations that we will continue to build and develop our business on as we move forward. Along with roles and responsibilities definitions, these Core Values & Behaviours are what we expect to be displayed by all staff and partners at all levels and at all times. Consistently demonstrating the Behaviours allows the Firm to grow and achieve our four goals of Happy Staff, Happy Clients, Financial Strength and Quality of Advice and Service.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV and cover letter including salary expectations and notice period to Gemma Peach at email@example.com