CYBER SECURITY SPECIALIST – ALDRIDGE
We are currently looking for an Information Security Specialist in a fast paced and expanding organisation. Reporting to the Baldwins Group CTO and working with the UK Security Director within Cogital Group, you will manage and enhance information security governance and the supporting technical security controls within Baldwins.
Working as part of the UK Security function within the group, you will help drive forward Cyber Security based on local and group requirements and obligations.
You will also work closely with IT teams in Baldwins, identifying relevant information security risks and keeping track of measures, to help protect against Cyber Security threats and vulnerabilities.
|Job Title:||Cyber Security Specialist|
Baldwins are one of the fastest growing accountancy practices in the UK with over 3200 staff in 95+ office locations. Baldwins is part of the Cogital Group which has 6,000 people operating from 185 offices in 7 countries.
We work with all types of businesses from sole traders to large national corporations. As a Group we have grown significantly both organically and by acquisition and by using a consultative approach we can offer a wide range of Business solutions, across Accounting, Audit, Tax, Payroll, Corporate Finance and Restructuring & Insolvency.
As a Cyber Security Specialist at our Aldridge office we are looking for the following key requirements:
- A good understanding of Cyber Security principles and their practical application.
- Experience of risk management and pragmatic risk mitigation.
- A good technical understanding of security in relation to networks, operating systems (Windows), applications and cloud services.
- An excellent team player.
- Excellent spoken and written communication.
As a Cyber Security Specialist at our Aldridge office your key responsibilities will include:
Through your own endeavours and with support from the UK Security Director:
- Ensure that the Company’s security policy is maintained through the technical and procedural controls in line with business requirements.
- Support the continual enhancement of the business’s security policies and processes through the application of procedural and technical measures.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the business to enable you to provide appropriate and tailored security advice to the business.
- Assist in the identification and implementation of security technologies that support the business objectives.
- Guided and supported by the UK Security Director, own the lifecycle of IT Security initiatives from inception and design through to completion and transition into business as usual. Track and demonstrate progress at all stages
- To be able to communicate verbally and in writing to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Provide support in the event of security incidents and breaches to ensure any impact is contained and relevant information obtained to facilitate analysis and improvement plans.
- Ensure relevant records are maintained to support external audits/compliance activities and provide proactive support as necessary.
- Act as subject matter expert on matters of security relating to legal and regulatory compliance.
- A good understanding of security within Office 365, cloud services and associated technologies.
- An understanding of disaster recovery and business continuity principles.
- 3+ years of information security experience
- Experience of delivering IT Security solutions
- Ability to influence others to achieve results.
- Experience with NIST, ISO standards and cyber security frameworks would be advantageous
Our clients deserve the best, the same goes for our people. You will receive a competitive salary and the following benefits package:
- 25 days holiday plus statutory
- 4 x Death in service
- Employee referral scheme – We are constantly seeking talented and skilled individuals to join the Baldwins brand, if an employee successfully introduces a person to Baldwins you will receive a highly competitive bonus.
- Employee assistance program – 24hr 365-day service to counselling and advisory service.
- Eyecare vouchers
Our core values & behaviours underpin what Baldwins is all about. These are the foundations that we will continue to build and develop our business on as we move forward. Along with roles and responsibilities definitions, these core values & behaviours are what we expect to be displayed by all staff and partners at all levels and at all times. Consistently demonstrating the behaviours allows the group to grow and achieve our goals of happy staff, happy clients and financial strength.
Learning and Development is an integral part of the Baldwins Group. We aim to provide the best support to our people to ensure that their development and knowledge is at the best level possible through professional qualifications, online training and self-development.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please click here