CREDIT CONTROLLER – WALSALL
As a Credit Controller at our Walsall Head Office you will manage, co-ordinate and maximise the collection of outstanding debt. You will have a strong communication style alongside a minimum of 3 years credit control experience.
We are the one of the fastest growing accountancy practices in the UK with over 2500 staff in over 80+ office locations. Baldwins is now part of the Cogital Group which has 4700 people Operating from 150 offices in 7 countries. We are committed to providing an outstanding service to our clients and their businesses and provide a diverse range of compliance and specialist services specifically designed to our client’s individual needs. We work with all types of businesses from sole traders to large national corporations and everything in between. As a firm we have grown significantly both organically and by acquisition and by using a consultative approach we can offer a wide range of Business solutions, across Accounting, Audit, Tax, Payroll, Corporate Finance and Restructuring & Insolvency.
As a Credit Controller at our Walsall Head Office, your main responsibilities will include:
- Chase outstanding debtors, via telephone email and letter
- Ensure any payments due are made in a timely manner
- Deal with payment queries / invoice queries
- Manage existing payment arrangements
- Identify changes in payment patterns to ensure customers debt exposure remains in line
- Maintain accurate records of all chasing activity
- Allocate payments via Open Accounts
- Liaise with Offices/Partners
- Arrange monthly debtor meetings
- Run Monthly Statements / Letters
- Run Age Debtor Reports
- Propose write off for irrecoverable receivables
- Provide Ad-hoc reporting as and when required
- Deal with Solicitors for accounts which go into liquidation/Administration
- Ensure monthly processing deadlines are met
As a Credit Controller at our Walsall Head Office, your skills and qualifications will include:
- A minimum of 3 years Credit Control experience
- An eye for detail with accurate data input skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of and the ability to deal with difficult customers
- A knowledge of accounting software alongside a good knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- A team player
Our clients deserve the best, the same goes for our people. You will receive a competitive salary and benefits package. Learning and Development is an integral part of the Baldwins Group. We aim to provide the best support to our people to ensure that their development and knowledge is at the best level possible through professional qualifications, online training and self development.
Our Core Values & Behaviours underpin what Baldwins is all about. These are the foundations that we will continue to build and develop our business on as we move forward. Along with roles and responsibilities definitions, these Core Values & Behaviours are what we expect to be displayed by all staff and partners at all levels and at all times. Consistently demonstrating the Behaviours allows the Firm to grow and achieve our four goals of Happy Staff, Happy Clients, Financial Strength and Quality of Advice and Service.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV and cover letter including salary expectations and notice period to Esther at firstname.lastname@example.org