CORPORATE FINANCE MANAGER – BIRMINGHAM
You will be responsible for helping to identify, secure and project manage a range of assignments including financial due diligence, corporate acquisitions and support to disposal mandates.
You will be responsible for the management of all compliance procedures and documentation in relation to assignments, as well as being responsible for the management of time costs to budget. You will also be responsible for the management, training and development of the corporate finance team.
We have a mixed client base within a wide range of industries, including working with a number of serial acquirers, and projects are regularly introduced through banks, private equity and existing clients of the group.
|Job Title:||Corporate Finance Manager|
Baldwins are one of the fastest growing accountancy practices in the UK with over 3200 staff in 95+ office locations. Baldwins is part of the Cogital Group which has 6,000 people operating from 185 offices in 7 countries.
We work with all types of businesses from sole traders to large national corporations. As a Group we have grown significantly both organically and by acquisition and by using a consultative approach we can offer a wide range of Business solutions, across Accounting, Audit, Tax, Payroll, Corporate Finance and Restructuring & Insolvency.
As a Corporate Finance Manager based in our Birmingham Office, your main responsibilities will include:
- Proactive planning and management of assignments
- To lead the planning process and ensure meetings are held with clients, where appropriate
- To supervise and assist junior team members
- To delegate to and review the work of junior team members
- Completion of transaction services assignments, whether they are financial due diligence reports or corporate acquisitions.
- Liaising with other departments (e.g. tax) throughout the transaction.
- Liaising with other advisers (e.g. lawyers) throughout the transaction.
- Review of and comment on other transaction documents including other DD reports or legal documentation (e.g. SPA’s).
- Client interaction, including gathering information and providing progress updates.
- Assisting the partners and directors with a variety of tasks.
- Relationship building with clients and contacts.
- To prepare proposals for new work
- Attendance at marketing events
- To conduct mid-year and annual appraisals
- Approval of staff annual leave requests
- Planning and executing the longer term strategy of the department along with the departmental partner
- To be involved in the recruitment process of new staff
As a Corporate Finance Manager based in our Birmingham Office, your skills and qualifications will include:
- ACA or ACCA qualified or equivalent.
- Computer experience – Excel, PowerPoint and Word – Sage and financial modelling an advantage.
- Up-to-date technical knowledge in accounting standards.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Team player able to develop good relationships with clients and within the firm.
- Self-motivation and positive attitude.
- Time management skills
- Knowledge of and management of internal compliance, QA and reporting processes, including job cost management, invoicing and credit control.
- To demonstrate the ability to make decisions, solve problems and take appropriate action
- Ability to deal confidently and positively with poor and underperformance issues
Our clients deserve the best, the same goes for our people. You will receive a competitive salary and the following benefits package:
- Full study support depending on the role you are coming in at – We work closely with Kaplan to provide our students with full study support for their specialised qualification (e.g. AAT, ACA, ACCA, ATT, CTA).
- Employee benefits portal including offers on retail, health, wellbeing, days out, restaurants etc.
- 4 x Death in service
- Employee referral scheme – We are constantly seeking talented and skilled individuals to join the Baldwins brand, if an employee successfully introduces a person to Baldwins you will receive a highly competitive bonus.
- Employee assistance program – 24hr 365-day service to counselling and advisory service.
- Eyecare vouchers
Our core values & behaviours underpin what Baldwins is all about. These are the foundations that we will continue to build and develop our business on as we move forward. Along with roles and responsibilities definitions, these core values & behaviours are what we expect to be displayed by all staff and partners at all levels and at all times. Consistently demonstrating the behaviours allows the group to grow and achieve our goals of happy staff, happy clients and financial strength.
Learning and Development is an integral part of the Baldwins Group. We aim to provide the best support to our people to ensure that their development and knowledge is at the best level possible through professional qualifications, online training and self-development.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please click here