CORPORATE FINANCE EXECUTIVE – BIRMINGHAM
This role is suited to a newly or recently qualified accountant looking to make the move from an audit or accountancy function to the corporate finance arena, with specific focus on transaction services (TS) or someone with a corporate finance background and looking for a growing team to join and who is looking to specialise in TS.
This role requires the successful candidate to have strong analytical skills, an interest in how businesses operate, and an ability to use analysis to review business performance, both historical and future. You will join a thriving and highly regarded national team and will help to build up the Midlands TS team. Career progression and development is on personal merit.
You will gain experience of working on a range of TS engagements including financial due diligence reporting to investors, lenders and acquirers, corporate acquisitions, and providing support to business disposal mandates. Compliance with internal QA procedures will be required, as well as management of time to budget on assignments.
We have a mixed client base within a wide range of industries, including working with a number of serial acquirers, and projects are regularly introduced through banks, private equity and existing clients of the group.
|Job Title:||Corporate Finance Executive|
Baldwins are one of the fastest growing accountancy practices in the UK with over 3200 staff in 95+ office locations. Baldwins is part of the Cogital Group which has 6,000 people operating from 185 offices in 7 countries.
We work with all types of businesses from sole traders to large national corporations. As a Group we have grown significantly both organically and by acquisition and by using a consultative approach we can offer a wide range of Business solutions, across Accounting, Audit, Tax, Payroll, Corporate Finance and Restructuring & Insolvency.
As a Corporate Finance Executive based in our Birmingham Office, your main responsibilities will include:
- Completion of financial due diligence assignments
- Completion of acquisition assignments including advice on the transaction, project management of the acquisition, and financial due diligence.
- Liaising with other departments (e.g. tax) throughout the assignment.
- Liaising with other advisers (e.g. lawyers) on the transaction.
- Client interaction, including gathering information and providing progress updates.
- Assisting the managers directors and partners with a variety of tasks.
- Relationship building with clients and contacts.
As a Corporate Finance Executive based in our Birmingham Office, your skills and qualifications will include:
- ACA or ACCA qualified or equivalent.
- Computer experience – Excel, PowerPoint and Word – Sage and financial modelling an advantage.
- Up-to-date technical knowledge in accounting standards.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Team player able to develop good relationships with clients and within the firm.
- Self-motivation and positive attitude.
- Time management skills.
Our clients deserve the best, the same goes for our people. You will receive a competitive salary and the following benefits package:
- Full study support depending on the role you are coming in at – We work closely with Kaplan to provide our students with full study support for their specialised qualification (e.g. AAT, ACA, ACCA, ATT, CTA).
- Employee benefits portal including offers on retail, health, wellbeing, days out, restaurants etc.
- 4 x Death in service
- Employee referral scheme – We are constantly seeking talented and skilled individuals to join the Baldwins brand, if an employee successfully introduces a person to Baldwins you will receive a highly competitive bonus.
- Employee assistance program – 24hr 365-day service to counselling and advisory service.
- Eyecare vouchers
Our core values & behaviours underpin what Baldwins is all about. These are the foundations that we will continue to build and develop our business on as we move forward. Along with roles and responsibilities definitions, these core values & behaviours are what we expect to be displayed by all staff and partners at all levels and at all times. Consistently demonstrating the behaviours allows the group to grow and achieve our goals of happy staff, happy clients and financial strength.
Learning and Development is an integral part of the Baldwins Group. We aim to provide the best support to our people to ensure that their development and knowledge is at the best level possible through professional qualifications, online training and self-development.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please click here