CORPORATE (BUSINESS) TAX MANAGER/SENIOR MANAGER – MIDLANDS
To continue to deliver and develop the high-quality provision of tax services by Baldwins. Reporting to the Tax Partners and Directors, this position involves working with and advising a large number of clients, mainly owner managed business from different industries and of different sizes, ranging from smaller non-audit companies to large groups with turnovers beyond a hundred-million-pounds. You will have responsibility for developing the ATT and CTA students, into a competent corporate tax practitioners.
|Job Title:||Corporate Tax Manager/Senior Manager|
We are the one of the fastest growing accountancy practices in the UK with over 35000 staff in over 97+ office locations. Baldwins is part of the Cogital Group which has 6500 people operating from 150 offices in 7 countries. We are committed to providing an outstanding service to our clients and their businesses and provide a diverse range of compliance and specialist services specifically designed to our clients’ individual needs. We work with all types of businesses from sole traders to large international corporations and everything in between. As a Group we have grown significantly both organically and by acquisition and by using a consultative approach we can offer a wide range of business solutions, across Accounting, Audit, Tax, Payroll, Corporate Finance and Restructuring & Insolvency.
As a Corporate Tax Manager/Senior Manager at our Birmingham/Tamworth Office, your main responsibilities will include:
You will help clients to mitigate tax risk, comply effectively with tax laws and take into account the prospect of change. You will help clients meet the complex demands for UK tax reporting, compliance, planning and strategy.
Main duties include:
- Build and maintain tax relationships with clients and provide high levels of client service.
- Planning the delivery of our corporate tax compliance services with clients together with our accounts and audit service lines.
- Reviewing corporation tax computations and tax accounting disclosures prepared by junior team members.
- Advising companies of their tax liabilities and payment deadlines.
- Managing HMRC enquiries on behalf of clients.
- Researching technical aspects of tax computations and responding to ad hoc technical queries from clients.
- To contribute to the efficient and successful delivery of tax services to the client.
- Build relationships both within the firm and externally with clients, identifying opportunities and managing delivery of services to clients.
- Contribute to winning new work by proactively managing existing clients and contribute to winning new clients through business development.
- Manage the successful delivery of tax projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical/business driven approach taken.
- Ensuring that compliance services are delivered to firm tax compliance processes and tax manual
- Ensuring the tax compliance tracker is maintained.
- Management of WIP and raising client invoices.
As a Corporate Tax Manager/Senior Manager at our Birmingham/Tamworth Office, your main attributes will include:
- CTA, ACA, ACCA or equivalent qualified.
- At least 3 years’ post qualified and relevant but varied tax experience.
- Experience of preparation and review of tax computations/returns and tax accounting workings
- A working knowledge of the key principles of UK GAAP and IFRS accounting.
- Ability to identify and deliver solutions to compliance matters outside the preparation of the computation such as SAO, statements on tax strategy, Country by Country reporting etc.
- Strong technical skills and keen to develop further.
- Experience of dealing confidently with a variety of business clients.
- Track record of supporting and developing junior members of staff.
- An outgoing approach with the ability to build strong relationships both internally and with clients.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Diligent, accurate and hands on approach to work.
- Proven ability to read and interpret existing and new tax statute.
- Ability to identify areas of risk, carry out an effective review and know when to promptly refer risk matters to the tax Director/Partner.
- Client focus and commercial awareness.
- Project management skills to plan and prioritise work to meet deadlines.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and pragmatically.
- Maintain adequate CPD in all areas of tax.
- Flexible approach during busy periods.
- Specialist knowledge in at least one area.
- Experience working in practice.
- Business and/or practice development experience.
- Ability to deliver ad hoc advisory work to compliance clients as required.
- Good networking skills.
- A competitive remuneration package.
- Pension (Auto Enrolment).
- Life Assurance.
- Access to EAP services.
- 25 days Holiday + Bank Holidays.
- Training and development within the role.
- A collaborative working environment.
- Opportunity to progress in your career within a growing company.
Our core values & behaviours underpin what Baldwins is all about. These are the foundations that we will continue to build and develop our business on as we move forward. Along with roles and responsibilities definitions, these core values & behaviours are what we expect to be displayed by all staff and partners at all levels and at all times. Consistently demonstrating the behaviours allows the Group to grow and achieve our goals of happy staff, happy clients and financial strength.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please click here