Based at our Durham Office you will be part of the Outsourcing team and will have a wide-ranging remit providing a high level and complete service to clients. You will identify opportunities and manage client relationships and expectations whilst ensuring technical excellence and a practical/business driven approach is taken.
|Job Title:||Bookkeeper/Outsourcing Assistant|
Baldwins are one of the fastest growing accountancy practices in the UK with over 3200 staff in 95+ office locations. Baldwins is part of the Cogital Group which has 6,000 people operating from 185 offices in 7 countries.
We work with all types of businesses from sole traders to large national corporations. As a Group we have grown significantly both organically and by acquisition and by using a consultative approach we can offer a wide range of Business solutions, across Accounting, Audit, Tax, Payroll, Corporate Finance and Restructuring & Insolvency.
As a Bookkeeper/Outsourcing Assistant at our Durham Office, your main responsibilities will include:
- Training apprentices
- Preparing VAT returns in house for clients
- Bookkeeping/management account at client’s site
- Year end accounts
As a Bookkeeper/Outsourcing Assistant at our Durham Office, your skills and qualifications will include:
- Experience of working with both finance and non-finance people
- Experience of working in a practice environment
- Experience of working in a dynamic, fast changing environment
- A common sense & logical approach to tasks
- Initiative and proactivity in their work
- An ability to solve problems by critically evaluating issues
- Care for clients and colleagues and seek to exceed expectations by anticipating and proactively developing solutions for clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven research skills e.g. information seeking and knowledge sharing, understanding and interpreting information/applying knowledge with a strong attention to detail
- A sound track record in meeting deadlines and demonstrate effectiveness within a team environment
- A willingness to travel and work at client sites
- Advanced excel and word skills
Our clients deserve the best, the same goes for our people. You will receive a competitive salary and the following benefits package:
- 25 days holiday plus statutory
- Full study support depending on the role you are coming in at – We work closely with Kaplan to provide our students with full study support for their specialised qualification (e.g. AAT, ACA, ACCA, ATT, CTA).
- Employee benefits portal including offers on retail, health, wellbeing, days out, restaurants etc.
- 4 x Death in service
- Employee referral scheme – We are constantly seeking talented and skilled individuals to join the Baldwins brand, if an employee successfully introduces a person to Baldwins you will receive a highly competitive bonus.
- Employee assistance program – 24hr 365-day service to counselling and advisory service.
- Eyecare vouchers
Our Core Values & Behaviours underpin what Baldwins is all about. These are the foundations that we will continue to build and develop our business on as we move forward. Along with roles and responsibilities definitions, these Core Values & Behaviours are what we expect to be displayed by all staff and partners at all levels and at all times. Consistently demonstrating the Behaviours allows the Firm to grow and achieve our goals of Happy Staff, Happy Clients and Financial Strength.
Learning and Development is an integral part of the Baldwins Group. We aim to provide the best support to our people to ensure that their development and knowledge is at the best level possible through professional qualifications, online training and self-development.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please click here