AUDIT QUALITY/TECHNICAL DIRECTOR – OFFICE LOCATION FLEXIBLE
This is a national role reporting to National Head of Audit and working alongside Regional Heads of Audit and regional Audit Methodology Champions.
The role will ensure the delivery of consistent high quality audits across the country. Our client base is mostly SME but includes wide mix across all sectors and includes groups, AIM listed, Financial Services and Insurance, charity and not-for -profit, academies, solicitors, agriculture and property and construction. The firm does not audit Public Interest Entities.
Technically strong in respect of financial reporting and ISAs as well as having a solid grasp of audit regulatory requirements, the successful candidate will support the National and Regional Heads of Audit in proactively applying and effectively communicating changes in audit standards, ethical standards and financial reporting across the firm.
Applicants must be CCAB qualified, have strong experience in external statutory audit and have an aptitude for practical application of technical auditing skills. Experience of audit analytics desirable but not essential.
There will be some degree of travel necessary as this is a national role.
|Job Title:||Audit Quality/Technical Director|
|Location:||Office Location Flexible|
Baldwins are one of the fastest growing accountancy practices in the UK with over 3200 staff in 95+ office locations. Baldwins is part of the Cogital Group which has 6,000 people operating from 185 offices in 7 countries.
We work with all types of businesses from sole traders to large national corporations. As a Group we have grown significantly both organically and by acquisition and by using a consultative approach we can offer a wide range of Business solutions, across Accounting, Audit, Tax, Payroll, Corporate Finance and Restructuring & Insolvency.
As an Audit Quality/Technical Director your role will include:
- Delivering initiatives towards improvement of quality and efficiency in the audit process
- Being the conduit for audit methodology or technical and ethical queries arising in the firm
- Coordinating cold file review process and undertaking cold file reviews
- Ensuring firm is kept up to date with emerging matters across audit technical, ethics, financial reporting
- Assisting in the preparation and output from monitoring visits
- Assisting the audit teams nationally in delivering a consistent, compliant, quality audit
- Ensuring consistent approach to audit across the country is applied
- Working with and Coaching of teams in respect of best practice, audit quality and improvements to approach in order to deliver compliant, efficient, quality audits
- Oversee and develop the internal control mechanisms across the audit function including cold file reviews, EQCR etc
- Support National Audit Head in liaising with regulator ICAEW
- Liaise with the Group compliance Partner and Head of Compliance in addressing new regulatory requirements and in the continual evolvement of policies, processes and procedures
- Input into regional and national training initiatives
Our clients deserve the best, the same goes for our people. You will receive a competitive salary and the following benefits package:
- 25 days holiday plus statutory
- Employee benefits portal including offers on retail, health, wellbeing, days out, restaurants etc.
- 4 x Death in service
- Employee referral scheme – We are constantly seeking talented and skilled individuals to join the Baldwins brand, if an employee successfully introduces a person to Baldwins you will receive a highly competitive bonus.
- Employee assistance program – 24hr 365-day service to counselling and advisory service.
- Eyecare vouchers
Our Core Values & Behaviours underpin what Baldwins is all about. These are the foundations that we will continue to build and develop our business on as we move forward. Along with roles and responsibilities definitions, these Core Values & Behaviours are what we expect to be displayed by all staff and partners at all levels and at all times. Consistently demonstrating the Behaviours allows the Firm to grow and achieve our goals of Happy Staff, Happy Clients and Financial Strength.
Learning and Development is an integral part of the Baldwins Group. We aim to provide the best support to our people to ensure that their development and knowledge is at the best level possible through professional qualifications, online training and self-development.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please click here