AUDIT MANAGER – TRURO
As an Audit Manager at our Truro office you will be a highly motivated, well-organised and experienced Audit Manager, with at least 3-5 years post qualification experience. Technically capable, you will manage a team and a portfolio of private company and not for profit clients for whom we provide both audit and non-audit services.
|Job Title:||Audit Manager|
Baldwins are one of the fastest growing accountancy practices in the UK with over 3200 staff in 95+ office locations. Baldwins is part of the Cogital Group which has 6,000 people operating from 185 offices in 7 countries.
We work with all types of businesses from sole traders to large national corporations. As a Group we have grown significantly both organically and by acquisition and by using a consultative approach we can offer a wide range of Business solutions, across Accounting, Audit, Tax, Payroll, Corporate Finance and Restructuring & Insolvency.
As a Audit Manager based in our Truro Office, your main responsibilities will include:
- Manage a portfolio of clients for whom we provide both audit and non-audit services (including financial statement preparation and corporation tax returns). Planning, review and completion/reporting of audits – reporting directly to the partner.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with new and established clients
- Work and liaise with other members of the audit team and colleagues in other parts of the firm as necessary to provide high quality client service
- Line manager responsibility for a team of 6
- Coach and train junior staff
- Ability to project manage to meet deadlines and budgets
- Manage WIP, debtors, staff utilisation and job recoveries
- Some assignments may require travel.
As an Audit Manager based in our Truro office, your skills and qualifications will include:
- Strong technical capability in audit and financial reporting
- Excellent knowledge of FRS 102 and new UK GAAP – some IFRS experience desirable
- Experience with not for profit/charity, Solicitor Accounts Rules and group accounts desirable
- ACCA/ ACA or equivalent professional audit qualification
- Proficient knowledge of UK taxes
- Broad range of audit experience
- Ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and clients at all levels
- A proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong client relationships
- A proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions
- Possession of strong team working and people management skills
- Ability to take responsibility and use own initiative to resolve problems and issues
- Have a proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions
- Hold a full and clean driving licence
Our clients deserve the best, the same goes for our people. You will receive a competitive salary and the following benefits package:
- 25 days holiday plus statutory
- Full study support depending on the role you are coming in at – We work closely with Kaplan to provide our students with full study support for their specialised qualification (e.g. AAT, ACA, ACCA, ATT, CTA).
- Employee benefits portal including offers on retail, health, wellbeing, days out, restaurants etc.
- 4 x Death in service
- Employee referral scheme – We are constantly seeking talented and skilled individuals to join the Baldwins brand, if an employee successfully introduces a person to Baldwins you will receive a highly competitive bonus.
- Employee assistance program – 24hr 365-day service to counselling and advisory service.
- Eyecare vouchers
Our core values & behaviours underpin what Baldwins is all about. These are the foundations that we will continue to build and develop our business on as we move forward. Along with roles and responsibilities definitions, these core values & behaviours are what we expect to be displayed by all staff and partners at all levels and at all times. Consistently demonstrating the behaviours allows the group to grow and achieve our goals of happy staff, happy clients and financial strength.
Learning and Development is an integral part of the Baldwins Group. We aim to provide the best support to our people to ensure that their development and knowledge is at the best level possible through professional qualifications, online training and self-development.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please click here