ASSOCIATE (TAX ADVISORY – R&D) – SWANSEA
As an associate at our Swansea office you will work closely with fellow employees in the R&D team, Tax department and Audit and Business Services’ departments, to maintain the excellent service provided to our clients. The role will provide an opportunity to specialize in the R&D function of the tax department.
This role will offer an opportunity to train for membership of both the Association of Tax Technicians (ATT).
Baldwins are one of the fastest growing accountancy practices in the UK with over 3200 staff in 95+ office locations. Baldwins is part of the Cogital Group which has 6,000 people operating from 185 offices in 7 countries.
We work with all types of businesses from sole traders to large national corporations. As a Group we have grown significantly both organically and by acquisition and by using a consultative approach we can offer a wide range of Business solutions, across Accounting, Audit, Tax, Payroll, Corporate Finance and Restructuring & Insolvency.
As a Tax Advisory Associate at our Swansea office, your main responsibilities will include:
- Preparing calculations for the R&D tax relief report
- Preparing/assisting clients with personal and corporate tax returns
- Assisting clients with simple ad hoc Tax queries
- Providing assistance to colleagues on low level tax issues arising
- Organise and prioritise workload with minimal manager supervision
- Deal with other HMRC forms and reporting requirements as requested (e.g. P11D’s)
As an associate at our Swansea office, your skills and qualifications will include:
- Have an aptitude for figures
- Demonstrate a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Word and Outlook
- Be able to communicate clearly and effectively with both colleagues and clients
- Have an organised and methodical approach to their workload
- Demonstrate excellent time management for meeting strict compliance deadlines
- Have the ability to work alone, and have a proven track record of working as part of a team
- Dedication to completing a ATT qualification
- Display a professional and enthusiastic approach
- Integrity and respect for confidential information
- Hold a full & clean driving licence, with daily access to a car
- Be willing to travel and work at client sites
- This post is based at our Swansea office and requires candidates to reside within a commutable distance
Our clients deserve the best, the same goes for our people. You will receive a competitive salary and the following benefits package:
- 23 days holiday plus statutory
- Full study support depending on the role you are coming in at – We work closely with Kaplan to provide our students with full study support for their specialised qualification (e.g. AAT, ACA, ACCA, ATT, CTA).
- Employee benefits portal including offers on retail, health, wellbeing, days out, restaurants etc.
- 4 x Death in service
- Employee referral scheme – We are constantly seeking talented and skilled individuals to join the Baldwins brand, if an employee successfully introduces a person to Baldwins you will receive a highly competitive bonus.
- Employee assistance program – 24hr 365-day service to counselling and advisory service.
- Eye care vouchers
Our core values & behaviours underpin what Baldwins is all about. These are the foundations that we will continue to build and develop our business on as we move forward. Along with roles and responsibilities definitions, these core values & behaviours are what we expect to be displayed by all staff and partners at all levels and at all times. Consistently demonstrating the behaviours allows the group to grow and achieve our goals of happy staff, happy clients and financial strength.
Learning and Development is an integral part of the Baldwins Group. We aim to provide the best support to our people to ensure that their development and knowledge is at the best level possible through professional qualifications, online training and self-development.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please click here