ASSOCIATE – SHREWSBURY
As an Associate at our Shrewsbury office you will work as part of accounts team assisting on client accounting and administration tasks whilst offering clients a high level of service at all times, alongside studying towards an ACA/ACCA qualification.
Baldwins are one of the fastest growing accountancy practices in the UK with over 3200 staff in 95+ office locations. Baldwins is part of the Cogital Group which has 6,000 people operating from 185 offices in 7 countries.
We work with all types of businesses from sole traders to large national corporations. As a Group we have grown significantly both organically and by acquisition and by using a consultative approach we can offer a wide range of Business solutions, across Accounting, Audit, Tax, Payroll, Corporate Finance and Restructuring & Insolvency.
As an Associate at our Shrewsbury office, your main responsibilities will include:
- Prepare a small company, partnership or sole-trader accounts file to a high degree of accuracy
- Utilise accounting software including Xero, Sage and Quickbooks
- Assist seniors and managers with ad hoc accounting or administrative tasks
- Assist on audit assignments
- Communicate with the team on any issues or findings
- Attendance at year end stock counts at client premises
- Develop and apply technical knowledge gained from studies and on the job experience
- Adhere to relevant professional standards
- Manage your time to ensure timely completion of assignments
- Assist during busy periods with taxation compliance work
- Have an awareness of the various services provided by the Baldwins Group
- Maintain a professional working relationship with both clients and the wider Baldwins team
- All other duties commensurate with this role
As an Associate at our Shrewsbury office, your skills and qualifications and knowledge will include:
- Graduate or AAT Qualified
- A full UK driving licence
- Dedication to achieving an ACA/ACCA qualification
- A proficient user of Microsoft Office
- The ability to manage own workload and prioritise to meet deadlines
- Flexible approach, and able to change in line with business needs
- Problem solver with investigative nature
- Act with integrity and respect confidential information
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Excellent numerical skills
Our clients deserve the best, the same goes for our people. You will receive a competitive salary and the following benefits package:
- 23 days holiday plus statutory
- Full study support – We work closely with Kaplan to provide our students with full study support for their specialised qualification (e.g. AAT, ACA, ACCA, ATT, CTA).
- Employee benefits portal including offers on retail, health, wellbeing, days out, restaurants etc.
- 4 x Death in service
- Employee referral scheme – We are constantly seeking talented and skilled individuals to join the Baldwins brand, if an employee successfully introduces a person to Baldwins you will receive a highly competitive bonus.
- Employee assistance program – 24hr 365-day service to counselling and advisory service.
- Eyecare vouchers
Our core values & behaviours underpin what Baldwins is all about. These are the foundations that we will continue to build and develop our business on as we move forward. Along with roles and responsibilities definitions, these core values & behaviours are what we expect to be displayed by all staff and partners at all levels and at all times. Consistently demonstrating the behaviours allows the group to grow and achieve our goals of happy staff, happy clients and financial strength.
Learning and Development is an integral part of the Baldwins Group. We aim to provide the best support to our people to ensure that their development and knowledge is at the best level possible through professional qualifications, online training and self-development.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please click here