ASSISTANT MANAGER – COVENTRY
As an Assistant Manager at our Coventry office you will have a varied and unique role acting as the office lead in connection with Not for Profit and Charity organisations and well versed in the current accounting standards, to be able to act as a sounding board for technical queries.
Ideally but not essential the successful candidate would also be aware of the intricacies involved in the preparation of agricultural accounts.
|Job Title:||Assistant Manager|
Baldwins are one of the fastest growing accountancy practices in the UK with over 3200 staff in 95+ office locations. Baldwins is part of the Cogital Group which has 6,000 people operating from 185 offices in 7 countries.
We work with all types of businesses from sole traders to large national corporations. As a Group we have grown significantly both organically and by acquisition and by using a consultative approach we can offer a wide range of Business solutions, across Accounting, Audit, Tax, Payroll, Corporate Finance and Restructuring & Insolvency.
As an Assistant Manager at our Coventry office, your main responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of accounts and tax computations for;
- Charities Not for Profit organisations
- Limited Companies
- Sole Traders
- Portfolio management
- Liaising with clients
- Providing technical support to the office
- Provide support as and when required to junior members of staff
- Assist periodically with special projects as required
- Qualified or qualified by experience
- Experience of working within a practice environment
- Experience of client portfolio management
- Thorough understanding of the latest accounting standards
- Ability to prepare Charity, Not for Profit, Corporate and Non-Corporate accounts without technical assistance
- Self assessment and corporation tax knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office
- Understanding and ability to use accounting software packages, in particular Sage and Quickbooks
- Ability to adapt to fast paced environment
Our clients deserve the best, the same goes for our people. You will receive a competitive salary and the following benefits package:
- 25 days holiday plus statutory
- Full study support – We work closely with Kaplan to provide our students with full study support for their specialised qualification (e.g. AAT, ACA, ACCA, ATT, CTA).
- Employee benefits portal including offers on retail, health, well being, days out, restaurants etc.
- 4 x Death in service
- Employee referral scheme – We are constantly seeking talented and skilled individuals to join the Baldwins brand, if an employee successfully introduces a person to Baldwins you will receive a highly competitive bonus.
- Employee assistance program – 24hr 365-day service to counselling and advisory service.
- Eyecare vouchers
Our Core Values & Behaviours underpin what Baldwins is all about. These are the foundations that we will continue to build and develop our business on as we move forward. Along with roles and responsibilities definitions, these Core Values & Behaviours are what we expect to be displayed by all staff and partners at all levels and at all times. Consistently demonstrating the Behaviours allows the Firm to grow and achieve our four goals of Happy Staff, Happy Clients, Financial Strength and Quality of Advice and Service.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please click here