ASSISTANT MANAGER – HOLYWELL
|Job Title:||Assistant Manager|
Baldwins are one of the fastest growing accountancy practices in the UK with over 3200 staff in 95+ office locations. Baldwins is part of the Cogital Group which has 6,000 people operating from 185 offices in 7 countries.
We work with all types of businesses from sole traders to large national corporations. As a Group we have grown significantly both organically and by acquisition and by using a consultative approach we can offer a wide range of Business solutions, across Accounting, Audit, Tax, Payroll, Corporate Finance and Restructuring & Insolvency.
As an Assistant Manager at our Holywell office, your main responsibilities will include:
- Planning, preparing and reviewing financial statements, management accounts and tax returns for limited company clients from their records.
- Planning, performing and reviewing audit work.
- Preparing and maintaining forecast spreadsheets.
- Dealing with clients’ enquiries regarding tax and accounts issues.
- Submitting tax returns and accounts to HMRC and Companies House and dealing with related enquiring.
- Supporting and training less experienced staff – checking work & providing feedback for development.
- Liaising between clients and other members of staff and directors.
- Reviewing billing decisions and submitting for director’s authorisation if appropriate.
Managing and supervising team members by:
- Assisting with staff appraisals and reviews of objectives.
- Staff Performance recognition with regards to what they do and how they do it.
- Monitoring student exam progress and compliance with training regime.
- Planning and recommending staff training.
- Monitoring and discussing, where necessary, sickness absence and lateness.
- Authorising staff holidays and study leave.
- Ensuring that ICAEW and ACCA requirements for CPD are met for self and team members.
- Attending and contributing to Management team meetings and being pro-active in helping to develop the business and improve efficiency.
As an Assistant Manager at our Holywell office, you will:
- Being a professional role model for your team.
- Keeping up to date in all relevant areas through professional courses, webinars, and reading. Highlighting areas of weakness to managers.
- Ensuring internal communications are read and understood with regards to company policies, processes and procedures.
- Being actively aware and adhering to GDPR, MTD, AML and H&S requirements.
- Maintaining a clear desk policy and keeping cupboards as empty as possible, (returning records to clients promptly and files back to No.19/archiving).
- Utilising the best systems to keep client data safe and secure, when available: Example, Open Docs and IRIS notes, OpenSpace; educating clients accordingly on the importance of passwords and encryption. (Moving currently to CCH)
- Promptly reporting client complaints and potential breaches to ensure compliance and process improvements thereafter.
Our clients deserve the best, the same goes for our people. You will receive a competitive salary and the following benefits package:
- 25 days holiday plus statutory
- Employee benefits portal including offers on retail, health, wellbeing, days out, restaurants etc.
- 4 x Death in service
- Employee referral scheme – We are constantly seeking talented and skilled individuals to join the Baldwins brand, if an employee successfully introduces a person to Baldwins you will receive a highly competitive bonus.
- Employee assistance program – 24hr 365-day service to counselling and advisory service.
- Eyecare vouchers
Our core values & behaviours underpin what Baldwins is all about. These are the foundations that we will continue to build and develop our business on as we move forward. Along with roles and responsibilities definitions, these core values & behaviours are what we expect to be displayed by all staff and partners at all levels and at all times. Consistently demonstrating the behaviours allows the group to grow and achieve our goals of happy staff, happy clients and financial strength.
Learning and Development is an integral part of the Baldwins Group. We aim to provide the best support to our people to ensure that their development and knowledge is at the best level possible through professional qualifications, online training and self-development.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please click here