ACCOUNTS SEMI SENIOR – CARDIFF
As an Accounts Semi-Senior at our Cardiff office, you will work as part of the Business Services team and be responsible for the preparation of compliance services for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies. You will be joining our busy, growing team helping Client Managers in providing our clients with excellent specialist knowledge and service delivery.
|Job Title:||Accounts Semi Senior|
Baldwins are one of the fastest growing accountancy practices in the UK with over 3200 staff in 95+ office locations. Baldwins is part of the Cogital Group which has 6,000 people operating from 185 offices in 7 countries.
We work with all types of businesses from sole traders to large national corporations. As a Group we have grown significantly both organically and by acquisition and by using a consultative approach we can offer a wide range of Business solutions, across Accounting, Audit, Tax, Payroll, Corporate Finance and Restructuring & Insolvency.
As a Semi Senior at our Cardiff Office, your responsibilities will include:
- Processing transactions using cloud-based accounting software, including maintaining the sales and purchase ledgers, nominal ledgers and processing all bank transactions. To include reconciling all balance sheet accounts
- Preparation of accounts for limited companies, sole traders and partnerships
- Maintaining client books and records on a regular basis, including preparation of VAT returns
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with new and existing clients
- Report directly to a Manager / Senior Manager
- Working and liaising with other members in the Business Services team and colleagues in other departments as necessary to provide high quality client service
- Ability to multi-task and complete assignments within time constraints and set deadlines
- Able to organise staff subcontracted to or working for them and the ability to appropriately train more junior members of staff
- Regular travel and time working at client’s premises; a willingness to travel and access to a car is essential
- Knowledgeable of firm’s services and able to cross sell those services into the client base
- Other ad hoc duties
As a Semi Senior at our Cardiff Office, your skills and attributes will include:
- AAT qualified and/or ideally in the early stages of studying towards further professional accounting qualifications (ACCA/ACA)
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a professional office
- Able to expand by your own example, client interaction, fee growth and personal development into a more senior role over time
- Have general business awareness gained either in a business-orientated accounts practice or industry.
- Be team orientated, need to get involved and recognise that your personal drive will influence your own and the team’s performance
- Enjoy working to deadlines and are focused enough to want to exceed our customers’ requests
Our clients deserve the best, the same goes for our people. You will receive a competitive salary and the following benefits package:
- 25 days holiday plus statutory
- Full study support depending on the role you are coming in at – We work closely with Kaplan to provide our students with full study support for their specialised qualification (e.g. ACA, ACCA).
- Employee benefits portal including offers on retail, health, wellbeing, days out, restaurants etc.
- 4 x Death in service
- Employee referral scheme – We are constantly seeking talented and skilled individuals to join the Baldwins brand, if an employee successfully introduces a person to Baldwins you will receive a highly competitive bonus.
- Employee assistance program – 24hr 365-day service to counselling and advisory service.
- Eyecare vouchers
Our core values & behaviours underpin what Baldwins is all about. These are the foundations that we will continue to build and develop our business on as we move forward. Along with roles and responsibilities definitions, these core values & behaviours are what we expect to be displayed by all staff and partners at all levels and at all times. Consistently demonstrating the behaviours allows the group to grow and achieve our goals of happy staff, happy clients and financial strength.
Learning and Development is an integral part of the Baldwins Group. We aim to provide the best support to our people to ensure that their development and knowledge is at the best level possible through professional qualifications, online training and self-development.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please click here