ACCOUNTS MANAGER – CARDIFF
We are looking to recruit a highly motivated, well-organised and experienced Manager to join our Business Services team based in Cardiff. The successful candidate will be ACCA/ACA qualified with at least 5 years recent experience of working within practice. The individual will be joining our busy, growing team providing our clients with excellent specialist knowledge and service delivery.
We are the one of the fastest growing accountancy practices in the UK with over 3,000 staff in over 90+ office locations. Baldwins is part of the Cogital Group which has 4,700 people Operating from 150 offices in 7 countries. We are committed to providing an outstanding service to our clients and their businesses and provide a diverse range of compliance and specialist services specifically designed to our client’s individual needs. We work with all types of businesses from sole traders to large national corporations and everything in between. As a Group, we have grown significantly both organically and by acquisition and by using a consultative approach we can offer a wide range of Business solutions, across Accounting, Audit, Tax, Payroll, Corporate Finance and Restructuring & Insolvency.
As a Manager at our Cardiff office, your main responsibilities will include:
- Manage a client portfolio including limited companies, sole traders, partnerships and individuals
- Oversee and manage all aspects of clients’ service delivery including preparation of year-end accounts, management accounts, bookkeeping, VAT etc and value-added services assignments
- Act as a main point of contact within the firm for clients, keeping them informed of progress in relation to all aspects of service delivery and maintaining regular contact with them
- Review work completed by junior team members and resolving all issues prior to Partner review
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with new and existing clients
- Ability to multi-task and complete assignments within time constraints and set deadlines
- Reporting directly to a Partner
- Working and liaising with other members in the Business Services team and colleagues in other departments as necessary to provide high quality client service
- Develop, retain and motivate junior members of staff and assist in the management of the overall Business Services team on a day-to-day basis
- Knowledgeable of firm’s services and able to cross sell those services into the client base
- Other ad hoc duties
As a Manager at our Cardiff office, your skills and qualifications will include:
- ACCA/ACA qualified or equivalent with at least 2 years post-qualification experience
- Have proven experience of working in a practice environment
- Experience of managing a client portfolio
- Have a proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong client relationships
- Have a proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions
- Be a motivated individual and able to work alone or as part of a team
- The ability to take responsibility and use own initiative to resolve problems and issues
- Ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and clients at all levels
- Strong organisation and planning skills and attention to detail
- The ability to positively embrace changes and new challenges
- Experience of using cloud-based accounting software packages, such as Sage, Xero, Receipt Bank, Auto Entry etc
- Experience of CCH products desirable but not essential
- Excellent Microsoft Office 365 skills, particularly Excel
- Hold a full and clean driving licence
Our clients deserve the best, the same goes for our people. You will receive a competitive salary and benefits package. Learning and Development is an integral part of the Baldwins Group. We aim to provide the best support to our people to ensure that their development and knowledge is at the best level possible through professional qualifications, online training and self-development.
Our Core Values & Behaviours underpin what Baldwins is all about. These are the foundations that we will continue to build and develop our business on as we move forward. Along with roles and responsibilities definitions, these Core Values & Behaviours are what we expect to be displayed by all staff and partners at all levels and at all times. Consistently demonstrating the Behaviours allows the Group to grow and achieve our goals of Happy Staff, Happy Clients and Financial Strength.